1. I wanted to make a gratitude journal to start off the year but it wasn’t high enough on the priority list. yes, my word for the year is FOCUS. I’m trying, I really am. SO. Now I am ready and have the time and thank you Pinterest, I wasted time searching and then just did what I imagined in the first place – I covered a composition notebook. However, Pinterest did give me the idea to make it a family journal. Love that. 🙂 I also got the idea to use washi tape on the page edges – I think I will do that to either separate pages by family member or by month!
And because I so appreciate you taking the time to read visit me, I am giving away one gratitude journal. See below to enter! (Please note: I will do my best to make yours in colors and a style that you like – it need not look anything like mine!)
2. The Overdrive system for lending e-books. Oh my gosh, I had have my Kindle touch for close to a year now and I have purchased so few books because I can borrow so many through my local library. Let’s just imagine that I have my library card number memorized… I love that they let you make a wish list (mine is a little long) and when I have a lot of space in my hold queue I go through my wish list and start placing holds.
3. This website – Really Reasonable Ribbon. Bonnie has excellent customer service and extremely reasonable prices on a large variety of ribbon. I use ribbon primarily for paper crafting, and I pretty much exclusively buy from her. She sends a sample with each order and your ribbon arrives tied with a sweet little bow (hello, second sample ribbon!). Go shop. In fact, the chevron ribbon on my gratitude journal is from RRR!
4. This recipe – tangy pork roast. It’s SO GOOD. Oh my gosh. SO good. Do, however, double the sauce. I didn’t at first and it looked like it was getting a little dry, so I whipped up more quickly and added it partway through cooking.
5. This book – Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. After our youngest had some medical issues and didn’t sleep well for a long, long, long time I had a hard time keeping up with everything that needed to be done. Plus, once she started sleeping I realized how sleep deprived I truly had been and let’s be honest, I didn’t function all that well until I had several weeks of good sleep under my belt. It was a bad situation all around. I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of Crystal’s book and a lot of what she shared about goals, saying no to things, and making health a priority really resonated with me. I had already started making some changes when I read this book last fall and I’ve started some new habits as well. It’s good. I highly suggest reading it! (I was provided with a free copy but was not compensated in any other way, nor am I required to give a good review. I bought a hard copy with my own cash because I liked it so much.)
Linking up with Hallie @ Moxie Wife for 5 Favorites today!
Leave a comment for your chance to win, please, because apparently I cannot figure out Rafflecopter. I’ll pick a winner on Sunday, Feb. 2!